Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Videos online


This video clip shows you what intersection to avoid in St Petersberg.


I found that YouTube and Google video can be very addictive. Many funny and serious videos. Searching both youtube and google gives you different subject matter on the same theme. I loved the young boy interviewing for NJ libraries, I thought it was brilliant, also the video clip to get information online all night ( must help the due next day project).

The oral histories I thought was a great idea and one that could be taken up in our library. Just imagine if once a month you asked one of your older borrowers to give a brief history of what it is was like growing up in their town or farm and how it has changed. Kids also would love the oportunity to give thier view of the world. This would be a great local history project and perhaps get more teenages involved in the library through giving their views on things and putting them in a library blog site.

This would be a great way of sending videos & keeping contact with family and friends that you don't get to see, eg interstate & overseas. You would of course have to watch the content for security reasons.

Embedding a video was very easy once I found the instructions in the blog help. I have found the blog help very useful and simple to follow, I have used on numerous occasions!!




No comments: