Thursday, March 13, 2008

RSS Feeds

I can see a lot of potential for feeds. I don't know if I would have the time or inclination to read a lot feeds coming in but one I would glance at every day would be the ABC news as it would update me on what is going on in Australia and the world, so i had current knowledge to pass on for reference questions. I added the - ABC news just in - feed to my blog.
I added gardening feeds ( as I am a garden fanatic) as well as library references to bloglines but I will more than likely forget to check them out regurally.
Perhaps if you set up a blog for the library you would be able to put feeds for borrowers to be able to check out. We would have to be very selective as there are hundreds out there.
I found bloglines very easy to use and it was very simple to add a feed to my blog.
About Contemporary Literature (0) (0)
About Gardening (12) (0)
Bloglines News (10) (0)
Do It Yourself: Garden (10) (0)
The Garden's Gift (10) (0)
Gardening Question of the Day (from the Old Farmer's Almanac) (0) (0)
Home and Garden Television (10) (0)
New York Times: Home and Garden (21) (0)
NYT Book Review (10) (0)
The Shifted Librarian (12) (0)
USATODAY.com Books - Top Stories (40) (0)
Washington Post Book reviews (10) (0)

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

I know many libraries are setting up feeds already. I think it is great idea.I also love the ABC feed you refer to.

Leanne