Friday, March 28, 2008

Del.icio.us and others

https://secure.del.icio.us/settings/maureenm56/index


As far as I can see libraries use del.icio.us to list sights for further research and interests.
I must admit I like Cleavelands site better than Sutherland as it it easier to read. I must like lists because I don't like the CLOUD view.
Perhaps the library could make use of this in a library blog for HSC students. We could add sites that would help the students with further study, sites for coping with stress etc.
It also could benefit staff, as everyone could add their bookmarks of sites that may help for eg. readers advisery.
del.icio.us is easy to log onto and use, the instructions we were given were a great help.
searching "bookmobile" and searching bookmobile as an exact phrase in the advance search brought up the same results.
I had trouble finding nswpln2008. I put it in as a blog search in advance search and found it where as I couldn't under ordinary search.
The LibraryThing looks great, I will have to find more time to have a good look around. It would be a great help in finding books to read that are of similar interest, series and all books by authors.

No comments: